Monday, July 31, 2006

Geoff Will Teach You Campology

Update from Geoff:

So the three of you are interested in the Campology Slackademics session. I am more than happy to run it with just the three of you - but if you guys know of anyone else who'd like to show, bring them along. I would like to start at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, August 1st in the little park at the corner of Trafalgar and Cornwall.

With regards to the skills we'll work on, I'd like to hear more from you guys. What kind of camping are you interested in doing? What have you done? Are you interested in the basics, like setting up a camp, getting a fire going, cooking, are you interested in knots, first aid, animal tips? I'll try to include as much as possible.

If you want, bring any camping gear you have and we'll mess around with it. I'm going camping this weekend, so I plan to just keep my stuff packed up so that I can spread it out on Tuesday.

I've put out a request to some of my more non-campingish friends to see if they are interested in the course too, so hopefully we'll get a few more folks. I think I will also have my lovely assisstant Nicole along to help!! If weather permits and you guys are interested, I thought it might be fun to go have a little campfire down on the little-known beach beside the park. Lemme know!
Cheerio, Geoff

Please do bring some food. I've got three burners we can use to cook on. If anyone else has campy style stoves, bring them too. I plan on making a couple different camping meals that I typically enjoy while out in the bush, but if you want to bring hot dogs and marshmallows to roast on the fire, please do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Toren Q Atkinson said...

Yes, Campology IS happening at the northeast corner of Trafalgar Street and Cornwall Ave http://tinyurl.com/g4wqv
at 7pm Tuesday! (2 blocks northeast of Volunteer Park)
I hope to see you there for fun, fire and some edumacation

I'm taking a page from Lani's book and bringing cherries!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home